An efficient plant watering system in your garden will save you not only money but also water while allowing you to grow beautiful and healthy edibles and ornamental shrubs, flowers, and trees.
Check out this list of smart plant watering systems that will make gardening a tad easier.
9 Efficient Plant Watering Systems to Make Gardening a Walk in the Park
Best Irrigation System Concepts For Potted Plants
1. Automatic Drip Irrigation Kit for Potted Plants | $45.99
This automatic watering kit enlists a pump and a watering timer in an automated irrigation system that supplies an average of 400 ml of water per minute to 15 potted plants and saves up to 70%. It runs on both batteries and electricity.
- It's easy to set up.
- One time programming and the data is saved in the device's memory
- Power flexibility
- It can only water a maximum of 15 plants at a time.
- The pump may not be enough for larger plants.
2. Outdoor Automatic Drip Irrigation Kit | $29.20
This automated drip plant watering system features a universal timer and supply tubing that makes it easy to set up. To take it up a notch, this efficient kit can water up to 20 plants in one go.
- The system is customizable, depending on your gardening needs.
- It can be easily converted to manual watering.
- Material has UV inhibitors that make it work in any weather.
- You might need a regulator in case of water pressure in your area is inconsistent.
- Prone to wear and tear.
3. In-Ground Watering System | $17.99
If you're looking for discreet watering system, the Hydrum Self-Watering system is what you're looking for. It's buried inside the pot soil so it won't affect your aesthetic decoration.
- It doesn't need batteries or electricity to function.
- It has a water-level indicator to make re-watering easier.
- It can only support one plant at a time.
- It doesn't work well with small pots.
4. Self-Watering Plant Pots | $16.88
Instead of installing watering kits, why not grow your favorite plants in these self-watering pots from Gardenix. They're made from a strong material called polypropylene that makes them long-lasting and sturdy.
- The pots feature a drainage system to help avoid root rots.
- They come in vibrant, fade-resistant colors.
- It can only support one plant at a time.
- Pots can be too big for some indoor plants.
Best Plant Watering Systems For Raised Bed And Ground Gardens
5. Multi-Adjustment Lawn Sprinkler on a Spike | $7.99
This adjustable watering system eases your watering burden. It waters up to a 30 ft. diameter, making it ideal for your large garden.
The system comes with a sprinkler and sprinkler extensions to help you customize your watering system.
- It allows you to adjust the sprinkler height to your liking.
- The sprinkler can be adjusted according to density and range.
- Wets foliage, which could lead to disease
- More prone to water wastage than conventional watering if not planned well
6. All-in-One Oscillating Sprinkler Kit | $48.44
This versatile sprinkler system will become your new favorite with a one time set-up precision water throughout the season.
It covers from 10 to 950 sq. ft and has a precision watering setting that allows you to water one to multiple plants in one go.
- Easy to set up
- It comes with an adjustable sprinkler.
- Water reach may depend on existing water pressure.
- Because of its wide coverage, it may need more time to water thoroughly.
7. Customizable Garden Row Soaker System | $32.89
Customize your watering system to best suit your row garden with this easy to set up system that waters up to four 25 inch rows.
- It saves water usage by 80%.
- It can be customized to fit your row garden.
- The connection can come apart.
- Water may leak at the connection joint.
8. Sensor-Enabled Watering Kit | $125.70
- It features a mechanical timer.
- Flexible tubes can be adapted to your system layout.
- It requires your pots to be close to avoid tripping hazards.
- It only runs on batteries.
9. Smart Sprinkler Controller | $241.99
Rachio's intelligent sprinkling controller lets you control your sprinklers from your smartphone. It comes with a built-in weather monitoring capability to help you save up water when chances of rain are apparent in your area.
- It offers extensive coverage.
- It can be integrated with smart home devices and applications (i.e., Alexa and Google Assistant).
- It raises the issue of data privacy.
- It is not user-friendly for nontech people or households.
Watch this video from Gardening Australia on how to install an irrigation system in your garden:
There you have it, fellow gardeners, plant watering systems that allow you to go about your life without worrying whether your plants have enough water or not.
Have a blast irrigating your gardens!
Which of these did you like and will buy for your garden? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
- 17 Summer Landscape Ideas And Tips For Your Summer Garden
- How To Build Your Own Hydroponic Tower Garden
- 15 Best Regenerative Plants For Your Sustainable Garden
Calling all green thumbs, Garden Season needs YOU!
Click here if you want to write for us!