Growing Potatoes in a container is surprisingly a simple thing to learn. With all the tubers in one place, it's so easy to plant and to harvest. Are you interested in learning how? Watch this video tutorial on how to grow potatoes in a container. Read also our step by step tutorial below.
How To Grow Potatoes The Easy Way | Video Tutorial
How To Grow Potatoes In A Container?
To grow potatoes in a container is easy and fun. If you have a very limited space for gardening, this is a good news for you because this one can be made in your very own small garden.
Watch this video tutorial on how to grow potatoes in a container.
We've also included here the list of materials and the step-by-step procedure just in case you'll need it 🙂
You will need:
- Large containers with hole underneath for drainage
- A pail with garden soil
- Water Soluble Fertilizer
1. Prepare an adequate container that has drainage (good holes) in the bottom.
2. Start placing 2 to 3 inches of compost/ garden soil to give space for your potatoes to grow up.
3. The more soil you can keep on top of them, the greater potatoes you may have.
4. Get potatoes that are tested and guaranteed free from any diseases.
5. Pick potatoes that have eyes on it, place them in the soil.
6. Then cover it with 2 to 3 inches of soil on top.
7. Once it grows up like 4-5 inches, then add more soil like 2-3 inches.
8. Use a water soluble fertilizer or a time release fertilizer. Keep it well-fed and well-watered. As the potatoes grow up, just keep adding soil, giving enough space to grow.
Would you like to give it a try? Start preparing your materials and follow these instructions .
Did you like this blog? Let us know what your thoughts and leave a comment in the box below.Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter and like us on our Facebook Page.Thank you for dropping by.
Like this? You might also like…